|I. Objectives of IES/ACES Qualified Erosion Control Professionals Registration
To establish a list of registered IES-ACES qualified erosion control professionals (QECP) for use by the construction industry.
To enable the construction industry to recognize the quality design work carried out by professionals who have undergone the accredited 10-weeks training and who also have the neccessary experience in erosion and sediment control for construction sites in Singapore. This will inspire the construction industry to improve the level of professional knowledge in environmental engineering in time to come.
To assist the QECP towards achieving better quality and standards of earth control measures (ECM) through continuous education and training.
II. Application Process
For new applicants, please attach the following supporting documents:
- A copy of your IES Membership Certificate
- A copy of a valid Practicing Certificate issued under the Professional
Engineers Act Chapter 253; and
- A copy of certificate of attendance of Professional Course on Erosion Control organized by ACES-IES not more than 2 years old.
- A copy of a minimum academic qualification of degree in Civil Engineering
For renewal applicants, please attach the following supporting documents:
- A copy of the valid Practicing Certificate issued under Professional Engineers Act Chapter 253; and
Document proof of attainment of a minimum of 6 points of Continuing Professional Development Unit (CPDU) on soil erosion.
Document proof of Unstructured Activity (e.g. self study / reading on soil erosion)
which qualifies for 2 points of CPDU
III. Fees Payable
- Application fee (GST included): $53.50.
This is applicable only to new applicants.
- Subscription fee: $64.20 per annum.
- Fees payable to 'IEH-ACESing Joint Registry'
IV. Processing Time
Under normal circumstances, if the submission are complete and in order, the applicants will be informed of the outcome within four weeks.
V. List of IES/ACES Qualified Erosion Control Professionals
A list of Qualified Erosion Control Professionals can be downloaded from HERE.